Galettes are just pies for lazy people, and today I am feeling LAZY! So… lets make a Galette!
They are super easy to make. Its just pie crust rolled out and filled with the fresh fruit of your choice! Strawberry makes such a perfect Galette and berry season is arriving!!
I use a little honey and brown sugar in this recipe to bring some richness to the treat and fresh bright lemon juice to balance it out. Its also got a little turbinado sugar on the crust to give a sweet crunch to each piece!
If you don’t have a pie crust recipe you love then give my all butter crust a try!
This Rustic Strawberry Galette is absolutely perfect served warm with a nice dollop of freshly whipped cream – unsweetened, and a cutting of sticky honeycomb. It’s pure perfection. Enjoy!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Rustic Strawberry Galette
- Baking Sheet
- 1 Pie Crust chilled
- 16 oz Strawberries stems removed, sliced in half
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- Turbinado sugar optional for crust edge
- 1 Egg for brushing
- 1 Tbsp water for brushing
- Start by making a pie dough and chilling it for 30 minutes. (I have my dough recipe linked in the text above the recipe card.)
- In a medium bowl wisk toghether lemon juice, corn starch, brown sugar, honey, salt and cinammon.
- Add berries to bowl and mix so that all berries are tossed in juice completley. Set aside.
- Dust your rolling serface with a little flour. Grab your chilled pie dough and roll out into a large circular shape (doesnt need to be perfect) about 14 inches. Cut off corners if needed.
- Transfer the dough onto a piece of parchment paper to make transfer easier for the rest of the steps.
- Add strawberries to the center of the circle leaving about three inches of crust aroud the edges.
- Gentley fold the dough over onto the pile of berries and let gentle folds happen to create a rustic crust lace. Pour the remaining juice over the berries. Transfer the pie onto a baking sheet. Chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wisk together your egg and water, and brush the edges of the pie. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar and bake for 35-40 min. Crust will be browned and middle will be bubbly.
- Immediately when pie comes out of oven, take a spoon and gather some of the hot bubbly liquid, and cover the berries that have been baked on top. This will make them look beautiful as they cool.
- Let it cool for a bit and serve warm with unsweetened fresh whipped cream and honeycomb.
Enter your email to keep up to date with recipes like this!