The perfect, way more fun, don’t need a reason, party in a pan – Funfetti Brioche Cinnamon Rolls! A rich Brioche bread with colorful sprinkles folded throughout and spiraled with delicious Cinnamon Vanilla Butter. Its everything your morning has been missing! Bad days, not possible after one of these!
If you’ve never tried making Cinnamon Rolls yourself, do not worry. It’s not as hard as you might think. To me it’s so much better making them from scratch because you really get to see every second of the process. The smell of the yeast as it blooms, spreading the cinnamon vanilla butter, and the intense sweet bread smell the moment you open the oven door – Its all just so good!
I came up with a Brioche recipe for a few reasons. Brioche is a richly flavored bread. Normal white bread recipes use flour, salt, water and yeast; while Brioche breads use milk, butter, salt, sugar, egg and yeast. The added fat and protein will make the bread much richer and flavorful.
After the first rise we add the sprinkles and fold them through with a spatula, then let the dough rise again. Folding the sprinkles through may cause a little color smudging off the sprinkles but don’t worry it will still be beautiful and taste great! The picture above is after the sprinkles have been folded through and the dough has risen a second time.
Once ready to roll out, I’ve got delicious Cinnamon Vanilla Butter spread that you will just smooth over the entire thing, cover with more sprinkles, roll up and slice. The filling is a perfect blend of traditional cinnamon roll flavor with a little added vanilla to play with the sprinkles.
I paired these fluffy rolls with a Cream Cheese spread. Its got a little tang from the Cream Cheese and its a perfect balance to the sweetness of the rolls. I know you’re gonna love these!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Funfetti Brioche Cinnamon Rolls
- Baking Pan or Cassarole Dish
- Full Size Bath Towel
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 3/4 oz. Instant Dry Yeast 1 package
- 1/2 cup Granular Sugar
- 3 lg Eggs
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, melted 1 stick
- 1 tsp Pink or Sea Salt
- 4 cups AP Flour plus more for surface and sprinkling
- 1/2 cup Sprinkles
Cinnamon Vanilla Butter
- 6 Tbsp Unsalted Butter room temperature
- 1.5 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Sprinkles
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz Full Fat Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1/2-3/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Unlalted Butter room temperature
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 tsp Pink or Sea Salt
Make the Brioche for the Rolls
- Throw a clean full size towel in the dryer on high. (Its to keep the dough warm later.)
- Spray Baking pans with non-stick Baking Spray, or Grease and line them. (I use Pam for baking, works great.)
- Warm the Milk to about 110 degrees F. (40 seconds in the microwave will do just fine.)
- In a large bowl, add warmed Milk, Yeast, Sugar, Eggs, and Melted Butter. Whisk together until fully combined (about 30 seconds).
- Switch to a spatula and add the flour and salt. Stir together until a dough begins to form.
- Once the dough starts to come together, Flour a surface you can work your dough on. Dump your dough out onto the floured surface and sprinkle more flour on top. Set a timer for 10 minutes and start kneading your dough. A simple technique is fold in half and press the middle of the ball with the heel of your hand. Then do it again, and again, and again, etc. We are going to be kneading the dough by hand for a full 10 minutes. If the dough is a bit sticky at first you can sprinkle your hands and the dough ball with up to 1/2 cup more flour if needed. Get into the groove and enjoy the process!
- After your timer is up, Spray a large bowl with baking spray and place your Brioche dough in it and spray the top of your dough as well. Cover with cling wrap and wrap your bowl in your warmed towel. Let rise wrapped up for 1 hour.
- Add sprinkles and fold through with a spatula and your hands if needed. Cover again with cling wrap and your towel, and let rise for another 30 minutes.
- While your dough is rising, make the Filling. Just add your softened butter, sugar, Cinnamon and Vanilla to a small bowl and use a spatula to smash and mix everything together. Don't worry it will come together in bit. (Alternatively, you could put everything in a mixer, I just choose to do it by hand its just as easy to me.)
- On a clean floured surface, Roll out your dough to a rough 14×9 inch shape.
- Spread your filling across the entire top of the rolled out dough.
- Spread your sprinkles over the filling.
- Starting on the short sides (we roll down the long length to have better spirals) roll the dough all the way down and pinch the end onto the roll to keep it in place.
- Make one inch cuts down the length of the big roll to know where your rolls should be, then either use floss/string or an extremely sharp knife and cut 1 inch rolls.
- Space rolls out into your prepared pans so that they aren't quite touching.
- Cover with loose kitchen towel and let rise about 20 min while you heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake rolls for 20-25 minutes, keep in mind they only need to be just golden on top. They are best almost underdone! I always pull mine at 20 min.
- While rolls are cooling a bit, make the frosting.
- In a medium bowl or a bowl fitted for a mixer, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter, vanilla and salt until perfectly smooth – 3 minutes on medium high speed will do. Scrape sides and mix in anything that was missed.
- Spread across your buns and get to work! Enjoy y'all
Enter your email to keep up to date with recipes like this!