Here she is to save your Fall pie needs – the lovely, delicious & oh so easy Cinnamon Sugar Apple Galette. Just a little prep work with slicing apples and making your pie dough and you’re on your way to apple pie heaven.
Ive recipe tested so so many types of apple pies now, mainly because I was a goober when I was a kid and never liked apples (what a weirdo). Its all good though, cause now I can hone in on just what kind of apples I like for every occasion!
My first couple of apple pies were custards blended from cooking apples and creating a custard from the puree. Then there’s your deep dish stuff with two crusts involved, delicious as well… but I wanted easier.
Easier in the pie world always means, just make a Galette. Galette’s are made of pie dough, Ive got mine linked for you here, and do not use a pie pan at all. You just roll out your dough, place your ingredients in the center and fold the edges around it. Its baked on a cookie sheet and is sliced just like a pizza pie. So simple!
Ive used Gala apples and Ambrosia apples both in this recipe and they each work perfectly. Just choose an apple you would most enjoy eating. Sweet and crisp is a good starting point when you are gathering your ingredients.
I leave the skin on the apples in this recipe because I’m using red variety apples. They tend to get softer in the oven than the green ones and the skin will help give structure to the pie. It also gives us a little more fiber and that’s fine by me!
And of course, eat this pie warm with some Vanilla Ice Cream!! Enjoy.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Cinnamon Sugar Apple Galette
- Baking Sheet
- 1 Pie Crust Link to my recipe in post.
For the Filling
- 4 Apples
- 4 Tbsp Granular Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp Butter cold, cubed
For the crust after baking
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter Melted
- 1.5 Tbsp Granular Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Pink Salt
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- After preparing your crust, roll it out into a large thin circle for your pie (about 10-12 inches across is usually what I aim for), and lay it over your baking sheet.
- Slice your apples – removing all stems, cores and seeds but leave the skin on – and spread them across the center of your pie crust, leaving about 1.5 or 2 inches around the edges.
- Mix together your cinnamon and sugar for the filling and sprinkle it across all of the apples. Use all of it, even if it seems like a lot.
- Fold the edges of the crust up over and around the apples, this will create a crust border.
- Place your butter cubes across your apples and place your baking sheet in the fridge to chill while you heat the oven.
- Heat your oven to 375 degrees F and bake your chilled Galette for 35-40 min or until crust is golden.
- Remove from oven and immediately brush crust with melted butter and sprinkle on the remaining cinnamon sugar and salt.
- Slice and serve warm with your favorite vanilla Ice Cream!
Enter your email to keep up to date with recipes like this!